Place: The Royal Society, London
The UK Network of Environmental Economists (UKNEE) announces that envecon 2015: Applied Environmental Economics Conference will take place on Friday 13th March 2015, at The Royal Society in London.
The call for abstracts for the conference is now open and presents some priorities UKNEE have identified in the field, the conference is open to all papers demonstrating how environmental economics is applied in practice.
The final agenda is seen to include papers on the TOOLS OF ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS:
A. Economic valuation
B. Economic appraisal
C. Economic instruments
Themes A – C can be in any sector so long as they show how these tools are applied in practice. Some ECONOMIC SECTORS have been more of a focus for greening the economy and examples of how environmental economics is used in this process will be interesting. These sectors include the following – however, we will consider papers about other sectors too:
D. Energy and climate change policy
E. Water management
F. Waste management
H. Agriculture and forestry
I. Marine environment
Papers on some HORIZONTAL THEMES are also welcome including, but not limited to:
J. Ecosystem services approach
K. Natural Capital
L. Private sector involvement – remodelling business
M. Behavioural economics
- All Papers should display academic rigour and show evidence of practical application. Papers that have policy relevance and have been used in decision-making by the public and/or private sectors are of interest. Papers do not have to be unique applications of new theory; evidence-based policy benefits from repeated applications.
- Abstracts must not exceed 2 sides of A4, in 12 point font, double spaced. They should convey information on the economic theory tested; context of the practical application (actual and/or potential); results and policy implications.
- Please ensure that your abstract indicates which theme(s) your paper falls into and the author for correspondence.
- Please submit your abstract by Friday, 28th November 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Papers for presentation will be selected by the Scientific Committee comprising of academic and consultancy experts. Last year’s Committee included Dr Paolo Agnolucci, University College London; Prof Giles Atkinson, London School of Economics; Prof. Ian Bateman, University of East Anglia; Dr Diane Burgess, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Northern Ireland; Prof. Mike Christie, University of Aberystwyth; Prof. Nick Hanley, University of Stirling; Prof. Susana Mourato, London School of Economics; Ece Ozdemiroglu, eftec; Prof Dan Rigby, Manchester University; Prof. Kerry Turner, University of East Anglia; and Prof. Ken Willis, University of Newcastle.
- Selected papers will be presented in parallel sessions.
- Those whose abstracts are accepted should register to attend the conference by Thursday 26th February 2015. Separate instruction will be received in respect of registration, presentations and papers.
Friday 28th November 2014: Deadline for submission of abstracts
Friday 16th January 2015: Notification of acceptance
Friday 13th March 2015: envecon day